INVITATION FOR BIDS
The City of Highland Park will receive sealed bids for the:
2020 MFT RESURFACING
until 11:00 a.m., March 19, 2020
Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com. Digital plan documents may be downloaded for a non-refundable fee of $60 by inputting Quest project # 6876083 on the QuestCDN.com Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN at 952-233-1632 or email@example.com for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. NO paper copies will be provided by the owner.
DUE TO CLOSURE OF CITY BUILDINGS, ALL BID ACTIVITIES INCLUDING BID OPENING WILL BE PERFORMED ONLINE VIA QUESTCDN. PLEASE LOG ON OR SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT. IF YOU NEED BID RESULTS OR NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON BID PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT BIANCA RAMIREZ AT 847.926.1189 OR BRAMIREZ@CITYHPIL.COM
The work consists of milling and resurfacing various streets within the City of Highland Park, IL. Also included in this contract is Concrete Patching (Class B Patches) as well as Concrete Sidewalk Repairs at various locations within the City. Major pay items and associated quantities include:
- 1,042 Tons of WARM-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE COURSE “D” N50 (MODIFIED)
- 357 Tons of POLYMERIZED HOT-MIX ASPHALT BINDER COURSE, IL-4.75, N50,
- 771 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 1"
- 2,062 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 1 3/4"
- 3,939 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 1/4"
- 4,089 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 1/2"
- 706 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL, 2 3/4"
- 420 SQ YDS of HOT-MIX ASPHALT SURFACE REMOVAL - BUTT JOINT
- 1,008 SQ YDS of DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT REMOVAL
- 7,013 feet of COMBINATION CURB AND GUTTER, TYPE M-4.12 (MODIFIED)
- 3,011 feet of COMBINATION CONCRETE CURB AND GUTTER REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
- 602 SQ YDS of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE DRIVEWAY PAVEMENT, 6 INCH
- 2,485 SQ YDS of CLASS B PATCHES, TYPE IV, 7 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 1,089 SQ YDS of CLASS B PATCHES, TYPE III, 7 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 126 SQ YDS of CLASS C PATCHES, TYPE II, 8 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 125 SQ YDS of CLASS C PATCHES, TYPE III, 8 INCH (SPECIAL)
- 4,633 SQ FT of PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE SIDEWALK 5 INCH
- 17 EACH – INLETS TO BE ADJUSTED
- 10 EACH - INLETS TO BE ADJUSTED WITH NEW FRAME AND GRATE
Pavement markings will be restored with Thermoplastic on asphalt surfaces and with Modified Urethane on concrete surfaces. Disturbed landscaped areas will be restored with topsoil and sodding.
Bids will ONLY be received and accepted via the online electronic bid service through QuestCDN.com.
Please disregard the following language contained in BLR 12200:
(1) page 3 of 11 which states, “Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of The City of Highland Park, Department of Public Works.”;
(2) all of Section 1 on page 3 of 11; and
(3) Section 8 on page 4 of 11 which states, “If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received.”.
Plans and proposal forms are only available on QuestCDN and will not be provided at the City of Highland Park. Bids must be submitted through QuestCDN ONLY. Paper bids will not be accepted.
Bidders must be on the plan holders list through QuestCDN for bids to be accepted. To access the electronic bid form, download the project documents and click the online bidding button. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. NO paper bids will be accepted.
Each prospective Bidder shall furnish a copy of a Certificate of Eligibility as issued by the Illinois Department of Transportation. (See State of Illinois Website: http://www.idot.illinois.gov/)
The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish certificates and policies of insurance as required by the Contract. All Contracts for the Construction of Public Works are subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12). Contractors must provide Certified Monthly Payroll Reports.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the entire bid package and seek clarification of any item which may not be clear to them. For questions, contact Emmanuel Gomez, City Engineer at 847.926.1145 or Bianca Ramirez, Contract Specialist at 847.926.1189.