INVITATION FOR BIDS
The City of Highland Park will receive sealed bids for the:
2018 Miscellaneous City Infrastructure Project
until 11:00 a.m., August 9, 2018
Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com. Digital plan documents may be downloaded for a non-refundable fee of $50 by inputting Quest project # 5884027 on the QuestCDN.com Project Search page. Please contact QuestCDN at 952-233-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information. NO paper copies will be provided by the owner.
The work shall be performed at various locations throughout the City of Highland. The list below provides the locations and work description within the City of Highland Park included in this contract. The locations may be modified at the discretion of the City Engineer.
• Landfill Access Road: This road is located off of Half Day Road, west of the Skokie River. It provides access to the City’s Public Works Landfill Yard where Public Works stores various materials for street and facility repairs. Work includes new PCC Shoulders, Milling and Resurfacing, Storm Sewers, PCC Driveway and PCC Sidewalk.
• Lambert Tree Avenue: The limits on Lambert Tree Avenue are from St. Johns Avenue to Ashland Place. Work includes Concrete Curb and Gutter, storm sewer, and milling and resurfacing.
• First Street Parking and Crosswalk: This located on First Street between Central Avenue and 400 feet north of Central Avenue. This work consists of construction of landscaped bump-outs, milling and resurfacing of the First Street pavement to convert on-street parallel parking to on-street diagonal parking.
• Brook Road & Western Avenue: This is located on Brook Road and Western Avenue, south of Audubon Place. Work includes horizontal curb cuts to reduce the height of the barrier curb, storm sewer, and minor grading of the parkway to eliminate ponding of water.
• Lincoln Avenue South: This is located adjacent to 1345 Lincoln Avenue South. Work includes horizontal curb cuts to reduce the height of the barrier curb and minor grading of the parkway to eliminate ponding of water.
• Multi-use Path: This is located on the south side of the intersection of Hill Street and Brook Road. This work includes construction of a new multi-use path constructed with Flexible Rubberized Asphalt Pavement (KBI Flex-Pave).
• Trail way Bike Path: This is located east of Trail Way, between North Avenue and Cambridge Court. This work includes construction of a multi-use path to re-route traffic around an existing parking lot.
• Deerfield Road Fence: This is located west of Deerfield Road. The limits are from Richfield Avenue to Midland Avenue. This work consists of removal of an existing wood fence and construction of a new wood fence.
• 440 Central Avenue Vaulted Sidewalk: This is located adjacent to 440 Central Avenue. This work consists of making repairs to vaulted PCC sidewalks. Access from the adjacent building basement is required.
• Ridge Road Sidewalk: This located along the west side of Ridge Road from Lake-Cook Road to Lawrence Lane. This work consist of construction of a new PCC Sidewalk and sidewalk/crosswalk modifications at Lake –Cook Road.
Bids will ONLY be received and accepted via the online electronic bid service through QuestCDN.com. Bidders must be on the plan holders list through QuestCDN for bids to be accepted. To access the electronic bid form, download the project documents and click the online bidding button. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. NO paper bids will be accepted.
Bid security is required as stated in the “Bid Security”section found on page 2 in the Instructions portion of the Bid Package. Each prospective Bidder shall furnish a copy of a Certificate of Eligibility as issued by the Illinois Department of Transportation. (See State of Illinois Website: http://www.idot.illinois.gov/)
The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish certificates and policies of insurance as required by the Contract. All Contracts for the Construction of Public Works are subject to the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12). Contractors must provide Certified Monthly Payroll Reports.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the entire bid package and seek clarification of any item which may not be clear to them. For questions, contact Emmanuel Gomez, City Engineer at 847.926.1145 or Danielle Black, Contract Specialist at 847.926.1189.