Humanitarian Award 2022 Nomination Form
The Highland Park Human Relations Commission (HRC) has established the "Highland Park Humanitarian" award to recognize an individual resident who has rendered outstanding service to the Highland Park community, beyond the scope of his/her paid work environment. Any Highland Park resident who has a record of significant and sustained service and has, through his/her efforts made a substantial contribution to changing lives in the Highland Park Community may be nominated. Areas of service may include but are not limited to: charitable work, education, environmental advocacy, public policy, and promoting the welfare of this community and its residents.
• Individual who resides in Highland Park
• Who has a record of significant and sustained service
• Whose service reaches beyond the scope of his/her paid work environment
• Whose efforts made a significant contribution to changing lives in Highland Park
• Areas of service may include, but are not limited to: Charitable work, Education, Environmental Advocacy, Public Policy, and Promoting the welfare of this community and its residents
• Nominations must be submitted by someone other than family of the nominee
Nominations should include:
• Service Details
• Agency Name Title(s) Held, Dates of Service, Service Provided, Service Recipients, and Description
• Nominee’s Character
Personal attributes and Worthiness of the award:
• Additional Information
• No additional information or documents will be accepted
• Please submit the nomination form below
• Please complete the application in one sitting as you are unable to save progress
• Please provide contact information for up to three (3) individuals for support verification of this candidate
1.The City of Highland Park’s Human Relations Advisory Group will review all nominations, complete and submit a Likert Scale for each, and the compiled data will be submitted to the Mayor and City Council for selection of the award recipient.
2.The Humanitarian Award Recipient is invited with family and friends to an awards ceremony at the Highland Park High School on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
3.Please, no lobbying. Refrain from calling members of the HRAG regarding nominations.