1707 St. Johns Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
March 25, 2020
June 24, 2020
September 30, 2020
December 2, 2020
The Transportation Advisory Group has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides advisory recommendations related to the planning and implementation of transportation plans, including but not limited to the Bike/Walk 2030 Plan, the Family Friendly Bikeways Action Plan, and recommendations from the Bike/Walk Advisory Group;
- Provides advisory recommendations related to multi-modal, vehicular, and pedestrian transportation and parking conditions, projects, education, and communications through the City;
For more information, please contact Ron Milanesio, staff liaison to the Transportation Advisory Group, at 847.926.1183 or via email.
The Highland Park Bike Walk Advisory Group
The Highland Park Bike Walk Advisory Group (BWAG) is affiliated with the city Transportation Advisory Group and focuses on increasing the viability and safety of non-automotive travel. BWAG pursues activities and initiatives aligned to the Highland Park Bike Walk HP 2030 Plan and the League of American Bicyclists' "Bike-Friendly City" program.
Recent efforts include:
- Encouraging students to use more "active” means to get to and from school through "Bike to School Day” in conjunction with Highland Park School District 112
- Promoting road sharing between cars and bikes through new signage and markings on bike routes (part of the Bike Walk HP 2030 Plan)
- Providing a safe, fun bike route within our communities through a Family-Friendly Bikeway project in the Highlands neighborhood
All BWAG activities are designed to support a thriving, healthy, safe, and sustainable community in Highland Park.
Information about the former Transportation Commission can be found here.