1707 St. Johns Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
2023 Meeting Dates
All meetings held at 6:00 PM unless otherwise denoted on meeting agenda
January 18, 2023
March 8, 2023
May 10, 2023
July 12, 2023
September 13, 2023
November 8, 2023
Agendas and Minutes
|Kelly Nichols - Chair
Jay Futterman - Vice Chair
Daniel M. LaCosse
Tatiana H. Papakos
William White, Student Representative through June 2024
Kim Stone, City Council Liaison
Erin Jason, Staff Liaison
- Steep Slope/Ravine Maintenance & Guidelines
- Energy-efficient Home Incentives: Converting to a Heat Pump
The Sustainability Advisory Group has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides advisory recommendations on matters related to the preservation, enhancement, management and protection of the City's environment and natural resources;
- Provides advisory recommendations pertaining to education, outreach, and communications regarding preservation and enhancement of the City's environment and natural resources;
- Provides advisory recommendations regarding proposed amendments and variations to environmental and natural resources-related policies, regulations, ordinances, and plans; and
- Provides advisory recommendations regarding updates to the City’s Sustainability Plan.
Information about the former Natural Resources Commission can be found here.
2023 Illinois Solar Tour
The Illinois Solar Education Association's 2023 Solar Tour is scheduled for Saturday, September 30th from 10 AM to 3 PM! Sign up to be a host site!
What is the Solar Tour?
The Illinois Solar Tour is part of a nationwide event held in conjunction with the American Solar Energy Society, of which the Illinois Solar Education Association (ISEA) is a state chapter. The purpose of the Tour is to offer the public the opportunity to visit - for free and without any sales pressure - innovative green homes and buildings to see how solar energy can be used efficiently. The intent of the Tour is to inspire people across the state to make sustainable energy choices that reduce costs, support energy independence, protect against power outages, and reduce carbon emissions.
The 2023 Solar Tour is available in a hybrid format, offering both in-person and video tours. Please check individual sites to see which types of tours are offered.
Types of Tours:
- In-Person: The home or business owner will be there to talk about their installation and answer questions; may or may not include going inside to see equipment
- Video: The home or business owner filmed a video tour of their system, which is viewable online
- Walk-By Solar Home: The home or business owner will not be available to greet visitors; visitors can view the system from the outside