Cultural Arts Commission
- Jeffrey Arena, Chair - Term expires 2017
- Cindy Stern, Vice Chair - Term expires 2017*
- James Lynch - Term expires 2016
- Abby Neumann, Term expires 2019
- Rhoda Pierce - Term Expires 2017
- Catherine Ricciardelli - Term expires 2019
- Judith Tepfer - Term expires 2017*
- Daniella Cohen, Student Representative - Term expires 6/2016
- Leah Canel, Student Representative - Term expires 6/2017
- Beth Keller, Library, Ex Officio Member
- Julie Naatz, Park District, Ex Officio Member
- Alyssa Knobel, City Council Liaison
- Rudy Espiritu, Staff Liaison
* May be re-appointed to an additional four-year term.
The Cultural Arts Commission consists of 10 members, all of whom are appointed by the mayor with the consent of the City Council. Three of the 10 commissioners are non-voting ex officio members representing the City Council, the library and the Park District. The seven other members are Highland Park residents who are appointed for four-year terms and may be reappointed to a second consecutive four-year term. No commission member may serve for more than two full consecutive terms.
In 1985, the City Council appointed a volunteer group of arts supporters to an Arts Task Force. The Task Force recommended that a Cultural Arts Commission be established, functioning within the City government. Supported by City staff, the commission was granted a budget for programming and promotional activities. Since its inception, the Cultural Arts Commission (CAC) has worked to establish a presence in the community. The Cultural Arts Commission has also published a map and guide to the City's Outdoor Public Art Collection.
For more information, please contact Rudy Espiritu, staff liaison to the Cultural Arts Commission, at (847) 926-1004 or by email