The Planning Division is responsible for the administration of appropriate City ordinances to preserve neighborhood character and enhance the City's quality of life within the context of the City's Comprehensive Master Plan.
The Planning Division coordinates both current and long-range community planning activities for the City, providing:
- Staff liaisons that serve seven different City Boards and Commissions
- Administration of the Zoning Code and real estate entitlements such as Special Use Permits, Planned Developments, Design Review, and Zoning Variations
- Administration of the City's Inclusionary Housing Program
- Coordination of long-range projects including master planning and urban design
- Development and support for cultural arts and environmental programs
- Education of the community on the importance of the City's historic and cultural resources
Please click the text links in the colored boxes below to obtain useful Planning Division information.
- City of Highland Park Master Plan The City’s Comprehensive Master Plan, most recently amended in 1997, is a product of extensive public involvement over many years. Through collaborative effort, the community identified the basic core values and principles important to most residents of Highland Park and used them to establish goals and objectives for its future.
- Bike / Walk Plan 2030 A PDF planning document that addresses the City's bicycle and pedestrian resources and goals
- Biking in Highland Park A list of resources and links that may assist in experiencing Highland Park by bicycle.