October 21, 2019
The Northeast Illinois Regional Flood Mitigation Meeting took place October 21 at the Highland Park Country Club. The community greatly appreciated the opportunity to convene all stakeholders in a room at one time. As was apparent from the conversation, the City needs to continue coordinating efforts to address this regional threat to health, safety and welfare. The issue and the detrimental costs to the affected communities will persist and likely grow given the weather trends. This meeting was just one step in our quest for flood mitigation solutions and funding.
Overall, the meeting had more than 100 attendees.
Panel Members included:
- Nancy R. Rotering, Mayor
- Julie Morrison, State Senator
- Paul Frank, Lake County Board Commissioner
- Larry Bridges, East Skokie Drainage District (ESDD) Chairman
- Dan McManus, US Senator Duckworth’s office
- Yasmeen Bankole, US Senator Durbin’s office
- Ann Limjoco, US Representative Schakowsky’s office
- Greg Claus, US Representative Schneider’s office
- Joshua May, State Representative Morgan’s office
- Delcan Binninger, Chief of Staff for IEMA
- Mike Warner, Lake County Stormwater Management Commission