Rental Registration Program
Highland Park Property Owners:
If you own a residential rental property that meets the following definition then you are required to register each rental dwelling unit that you own prior to initial rental, and thereafter on or before April 1st each calendar year.
(1) located either within a single family residential structure, or within a multiple family residential structure and having a unique method of ingress and egress between the Dwelling Unit and an adjacent right-of-way or parking area; and
(2) leased to, or occupied by, any person other than an Owner thereof regardless of the length of the lease period.
- On January 27th, 2014, the City Council adopted Title XV, Chapter 154 of the City of Highland Park Code related to Registration and Safety Requirements for Certain Residential Rental Property.
- On November 9th, 2020 the City Council adopted Title XV, Chapter 150, Section 150.430 of the City of Highland Park Zoning Code regarding Short-Term Rentals.
Applicants Please Take Note –
All registrations must include a signed Affirmation & Acknowledgement Form.
Rental Registration Instructions, Technical Assistance & Application Forms:
The Complete Application Package with Instructions & Forms (.pdf) is available - click here.
For individual documents (.pdf) please click on the appropriate link below:
- Application Form
- Affirmation & Acknowledgement Form
- Additional Registered Dwelling Units Form
- Additional Property Agents Form
- Additional Property Owners Form