The Sustainability Advisory Group has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provides advisory recommendations on matters related to the preservation, enhancement, management, and protection of the City's environment and natural resources;
- Provides advisory recommendations on education, outreach, and communications regarding preservation and enhancement of the City's environment and natural resources;
- Provides advisory recommendations regarding proposed amendments and variations to environmental and natural resources-related policies, regulations, ordinances, and plans;
- Provides advisory recommendations regarding updates to the City’s Sustainability Plan; and
- Performs all tasks and fulfill all responsibilities assigned to the “Lakefront Commission” and the “Natural Resources Commission” pursuant to the various provisions of the City Code until such time that the City Code is amended to remove any reference to “Lakefront Commission” and “Natural Resources Commission”.
|Stuart Wagenius - Chair
Kelly Nichols - Vice Chair
Daniel M. LaCosse
Tatiana H. Papakos
Brent William Ross
Eli Wurster, Student Representative through June 2020
Kim Stone, City Council Liaison
Karl Burhop, Community Development Representative
Erin Jason, Staff Liaison
For more information, please contact Assistant City Manager Erin Jason, staff liaison to the Sustainability Advisory Group, at 847.926.1004 or by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the former Natural Resources Commission can be found here.