Homebound vaccinations: Homebound seniors and individuals with disabilities or mobility issues may now call the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center to be added to the homebound vaccination list! To add yourself or a senior in your life to the list, contact the AllVax support center at 847.377.8130.
Toll-Free Vaccine Appointment Call Center
- 833-621-1284 (available daily to eligible Illinoisans; TTY accessible)
- Availability expanded to all current VA and TRICARE patients enrolled for care at Lovell FHCC, age 18 and older. Call 224.610.3899.
What is the Lake County AllVax Portal? Who can I register, and what information will I need to provide?
The AllVax Portal will be used to collect residents' contact information so that the Lake County Health Department may contact them when a COVID-19 vaccine is available to them. Registering with the AllVax Portal is secure.
Upon registration, you will be prompted to provide your contact information including address, phone number, and email address. As part of the registration process, you will be prompted to review the list of underlying medical conditions from the CDC that indicate an increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, and to check any that apply. Click here to view the CDC's list of underlying risk factors.
You may register your entire household via the AllVax Portal. As you add a registration, you will be prompted to identify your relationship with the individual. You will be able to assign each registrant their own contact information, even if they are part of your household.
How can I avoid COVID-19 vaccine scams?
- Do not buy any kind of COVID-19 vaccine or treatment on the internet or from an online pharmacy. Vaccines will be free and are currently only available from hospitals or health departments.
- Ignore online, phone, and text offers for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Hang up on any calls, including robocalls, which direct you to take immediate action or provide personally-identifiable information, such as your Social Security number or bank account number.
- Report solicitations from telemarketers, text messages, and social media platforms, as well as door-to-door visits to the Illinois Attorney General’s office.
- Delete emails and texts that promise or offer access to COVID-19 treatments and do not click on any links contained in such emails as they may place malware on your devices.
Are the vaccines safe? What's the science behind them?
The two vaccines that have received authorization from the FDA have been thoroughly reviewed by independent evaluators for safety and efficacy. Although the vaccine development process might seem fast, safety protocols were followed. This video from NorthShore University HealthSystem, and this article from the CDC explain more about how the two vaccines work.
Can people who work in Lake County register with the AllVax Portal?
Anyone who lives or works in Illinois can register at allvax.lakecohealth.org.
After my vaccination, do I still need to wear a mask?
If I've recovered from COVID-19, should I still be vaccinated?
How are public health officials tracking post-vaccination safety?
How can I receive general updates from the Lake County Health Department?
Visit the Health Department’s Coronavirus web page, www.lakecountyil.gov/coronavirus, for updates, testing information, community guidance and resources, answers to frequently asked questions, and to sign up for the Health Department’s weekly COVID-19 newsletter. General questions can be sent via email to COVID19@lakecountyil.gov.