Across the country, Americans are celebrating small businesses this week! Showing your support for Highland Park's small business community is easy.
Try one of the following tips:
- Visit your favorite restaurant - or order in. At cityhpil.com/restaurantmap, you'll find a list of HP restaurants offering convenient takeout, curbside, and delivery.
- Stop by your favorite shop and snap a photo with something you've purchased to share on social media. Remember to tag the business!
- Signal-boost your favorite business on social media by sharing their latest posts to your own page or your stories, commenting on a post, or tagging a friend.
- Visit one new business you've never visited before.
- Spread the love by purchasing a gift card at a local store and sending it to a friend.
- Write online reviews for businesses you've recently visited.
- Sign up for emails from your favorite HP spots, and be sure to follow them on social media.
- If you have the choice, opt for delivery services provided by the restaurant or store instead of third-party providers.
- Consider small businesses first the next time you're in the market for a big purchase. Ask for personal assistance that only a small business can provide.
- Browse the Welcome Back Promise map for a list of HP businesses committing to following public health best practices, and share the video to your social media!