caption freeform

March 2019 Beech Street Bridge Closure

March 5, 2019 -- The Beech Street Bridge, located between Wade Street and Linden Avenue will be closed for repair the week of March 11 and is anticipated to remain closed for approximately four weeks. Once the work on the Beech Street Bridge is completed, work will begin on the St. Johns Avenue Bridge between Bloom Street and Moraine Road. Detour signs will be posted.

In addition to the bridge repairs that are underway, the City has also invested in a bridge replacement program. Infrastructure investment is one of the City's core priorities. As such, the City applied for and received an Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) grant for the replacement of a number of bridges in the community. The IDOT Federal grants pay for 80% of costs with the City funding the remaining 20%.

Learn more about the bridge replacement program at