- Always lock your car even if it is in your driveway or in front of your home.
- Do not leave valuable items in your car in plain view. Purses, wallets, electronic items, and shopping purchases should be removed or secured in the trunk out of sight.
- Don’t leave keys, fobs, or valet keys in unattended vehicles.
- Always park in a well-lit area if possible, and leave your outside lights on overnight if your car is in your driveway.
- Consider motion-activated outdoor lighting or lighting on timers.
- Make sure your garage door is closed and any access door into the garage is secured including the door from the garage to your home.
- Consider a car alarm in conjunction with an alarm for your home. Many insurance companies offer a discount on premiums for a property with alarms.
- Promptly report any suspicious persons or activity in your neighborhood to the Police Department. Crime prevention only works when the community takes an active role.
- Consider joining the City's Neighbor to Neighbor program. Call 847.926.1000 for more information.
For additional information, please contact Commander Jon Lowman on the Police Department Non-Emergency line at 847.432.7730.