The City is currently working with a consultant team to develop engineering and streetscape design documents for the Ravinia Business District. The project will further the concepts presented in the 2012 Streetscape Design & Identity Plan and findings from the Strand Associates’ 2012 Utility Adequacy Study, and includes the next phase of design work that will identify specific installation locations and provide detailed cost estimates for a final streetscape plan for the District. The goals of the project are to:
- Upgrade the Roger Williams Avenue corridor to leverage additional private investment in the district and elevate the Ravinia Business District into a vibrant, modern mixed-use neighborhood;
- Stimulate additional reinvestment and growth in the area;
- Enhance the quality-of-life for the adjacent residential neighborhood;
- Further establish the district as a destination for pedestrians and cyclists; and
- Provide a streetscape infrastructure that offers a connected, welcoming business district to visitors.