Water conservation is something few of us think about at work. Since we do not get the bill there, we are not aware of the cost and quantity of our consumption. But our offices and factories consume huge quantities of water, so saving on the job should be everyone’s business. You can help to save water in your 9-to-5 world by offering these simple tips for wise water use in the workplace:
- Post a phone number in bathrooms and kitchens to report leaks or water waste to facility managers or maintenance personnel.
- Look for WaterSense labeled products when replacing toilets or water faucets.
- Shut off water in unused areas of the office to eliminate leaks and unmonitored water usage.
- Send the person in charge of your landscaping to an irrigation workshop to learn to save water while maintaining the landscaping.
- Create a suggestion and incentives system at your workplace to recognize water saving ideas.
- For more information on commercial water use, visit the EPA's Commercial WaterSense Website.