Mayor Nancy Rotering and the Highland Park Cultural Arts Commission are once again inviting individual artists, art organizations, businesses, and residents of Highland Park to participate in the Mayor's Award for the Arts. Given annually, these awards recognize outstanding achievements in, or contributions to, the arts in Highland Park. For the award, arts can include visual arts, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, or sculpture; performance, such as dance, theater, or music; architecture; and literature, including poetry, fiction or script writing. Achievements will be recognized in the following categories:
Please submit nominations through the City's website by using an online form
- Individual - An individual who has achieved artistic excellence, or who has made a significant contribution to his/her artistic discipline and to the arts in the community/local area.
- Arts Volunteer - A volunteer who has consistently supported the arts through a commitment of personal time, energy and devotion.
- Arts Organization - A non-profit organization that has made a substantial impact on the cultural development of the community as demonstrated through exceptional artistic achievement, outstanding programming or other leadership initiatives.
- Arts Entities - An arts organization that provides artistic programming for the community and makes a significant contribution to fostering the arts in the community. Such entities could be publishers, musical ensembles or theatrical groups.
- Business or Corporation - A local business or corporation that has demonstrated significant commitment to the arts, recognizing the imperative role of public/private partnership. This commitment may be in the form of financial, personal, and/or resource support.
. Nominations are due by August 22, 2016. Current members of the Cultural Arts Commission and past recipients of the Mayor's Award for the Arts are not eligible to apply. The Cultural Arts Commission will review the nominations, select recipients and present awards at a future City Council meeting later this fall. For more details, contact Hayley Garard, Staff Liaison to the Cultural Arts Commission, at 847.926.1043.