Human Relations Commission
To sign up for automatic notifications on upcoming meetings and materials for Human Relations Commission click here.
- Janet Bernstein, Chair - Term expires 2019
- Tatiana Alonso, Vice Chair - Term expires 2016*
- Jackee Miller Cohen - Term expires 2018
- Terry Grossberg - Term expires 2016*
- Ellen Gussin - Term expires 2016*
- Cheryl Levi - Term expires 2019
- Sarah Spector - Term expires 2016*
- Alyssa Knobel, City Council Liaison
- Gail Brown, Moraine Township Representative
- Izzy Arbetter and Jack Eichner, Student Representatives through 6/2017
- Laura Frey, Staff Liaison
*May be re-appointed to an additional four-year term.
The Human Relations Commission consists of seven members, all of whom are appointed by the mayor with the approval of the City Council.
The Human Relations Commission was created in 1964 to implement and effectuate the policies, regulations and directives of the City Council as follows:
- In the promotion of the American ideal of equality and justice
- In furthering understanding between people
- In encouraging and facilitating wise adjustment to social problems and opportunities
- In studying the nature and causes of prejudices and making recommendations for improvements
For more information, please contact Laura Frey, staff liaison to the Human Relations Commission, at (847) 432-4110 or by e-mail.