To sign up for automatic notifications on upcoming meetings and materials for Housing Commission click here.
- Douglas Ross, Chairman - Term expires 2017
- Charles Adler, Vice Chair - Term expires 2017
- Joseph Adler - Term expires 2016*
- Mary Kaltman -Term expires 2016*
- Lisa Oldham - Term expires 2017*
- Laura Saret - Term expires 2017*
- David T. Meek - Term expires 2017
- Charmain Later, Staff Liaison, Senior Planner
- Michelle Holleman, City Council Liaison
- Jack Foster, Student Representative - Term expires 6/2017
- John Kaufman, Student Representative - Term expires 6/2018
* May be re-appointed to an additional four-year term.
The Housing Commission consists of seven members, all of whom are appointed by the mayor with the consent of the City Council. An additional member is a non-voting ex officio representative of the City Council
. The seven members are Highland Park residents and are appointed for terms of four years and may be reappointed to a second consecutive four-year term. No commission member may serve for more than two full consecutive terms. Each commission member also serves on the Board of Directors of each of the four corporations.
The Highland Park Housing Commission was created in 1973 to encourage and engage in the development of low-and moderate-income
housing. Currently, the commission operates rental housing in four affordable developments, maintains a waiting list for condominium units in an affordable senior development and works closely with Community Partners for Affordable Housing, which offers affordable home ownership opportunities.
The commission works to assemble land and generate revenue in order to develop affordable senior and family housing, administers the City’s Housing Trust Fund to provide financial resources for affordable housing activities, oversees the City’s Inclusionary Housing Program and other housing initiatives and makes recommendations to the City Council on policy matters and programs related to affordable housing.
For more information about available affordable housing opportunities, please contact Charmain Later, Senior Planner for the the City
of Highland Park, at (847) 926-1611. Interested parties may also contact Kim Ulbrich, Executive Director for the Community Partners for Affordable Housing, at (847) 681-8746.
For more information, please contact Charmain Later, staff liaison to the Housing Commission, at (847) 926-1611 or by email