Electronics and Foam Recycling Program
The City of Highland Park has partnered with the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO
) to promote residential recycling of outdated, broken or unwanted household electronic equipment. For additional information and to see a list of accepted items, please see the Recycling Brochure
The recycling center is also accepting foam #6 as outlined on the Foam Recycling
flyer. Please follow these guidelines:
- Be sure your foam has the #6 symbol
- When possible, please place foam in clear plastic bags.
- Foodservice containers MUST be clean and rinsed.
- No straws, lids plastic wrap or trash.
- No packaging peanuts will be accepted. Please call 800-828-2214 or go to www.loosefillpackaging.com for drop-off sites.
- No foam building insulation.
Hours of Operation
The drop-off program is available to all Lake County residents and is open year-round on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at 1180 Half Day Road.
Electronics and foam recycling is a very critical program with many benefits to the environment. Recycled electronics means more free space in landfills and less pollution to ground soils and ground water from aging metals. Manufacturing with recycled materials significantly reduces pollution, carbon emissions and water and energy consumption.
Household Chemical Waste Drop-Off Collection Events
Residents can dispose of their household chemical waste (HCW) at SWALCO's facility in Gurnee, IL. Drop-off collection events are year-round; the second Saturday of each month and the fourth Monday of each month. Appointments are required. More information can be found on the HCW Collection Event flyer.