Although the Illinois Legislature has established the county as the primary election authority, the City Clerk
continues to serve as the local election official and is responsible for voter registration.
- General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2016
- Consolidated Local Primary - Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Filing Period - November 21-28, 2016
- Consolidated Local Election - Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Filing Period - December 12-19, 2016
For additional information please visit the Lake County website
, 2017 Local Election Officials Handbook
or call the Lake County Clerk's Office at (847) 377-2410.
Regular Voting Date
On Election Day, all polling places will open at 6:00 a.m. and will close at 7:00 p.m. Information regarding where to vote can be found on your voter identification card or by visiting the Lake County Clerk's Office Voter Power website
. Individual polling locations are determined by the precinct number that is listed on the Certificate of Voter Registration card.